how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh the joys of Wikipedia. Reminds me of years ago when I showed someone how to mess with Wikipedia and I made it so most moths drink the milk of mice instead of the nectar of flowers.

I like to think that, somewhere out there, there is a precious idiot who read that page in that glorious moment, and still insists that moths drink mouse milk.

Wikipedia has an entry for the ship I was stationed on & one of my shipmates added "while the interdiction team boarded 60 merchant ships, Seaman Recruit Jones successfully initiated diplomatic relations with 100 goats"

Entry isn't there anymore, but I still get a giggle thinking about that

fark_KLoJ0WPbI0AEoFKKccswwYKQXCA.jpg

Oh the joys of Wikipedia. Reminds me of years ago when I showed someone how to mess with Wikipedia and I made it so most moths drink the milk of mice instead of the nectar of flowers.

I like to think that, somewhere out there, there is a precious idiot who read that page in that glorious moment, and still insists that moths drink mouse milk.
Well you can like to think that, sure. But reality is inquisitive school kids from all over ended up getting their essays on moths torn up by an annoyed teacher.

Well you can like to think that, sure. But reality is inquisitive school kids from all over ended up getting their essays on moths torn up by an annoyed teacher.

Serves them right for using Wikipedia as a source.

I once had an English TA who threatened to murder us if we used Wikipedia as a source.

And if the teachers are annoyed by their students using Wikipedia, they should teach them how to find good sources.

& I thought I had a screen shot. didn't get the exact wording right

hawes.jpg

Wikipedia has an entry for the ship I was stationed on & one of my shipmates added "while the interdiction team boarded 60 merchant ships, Seaman Recruit Jones successfully initiated diplomatic relations with 100 goats"

Entry isn't there anymore, but I still get a giggle thinking about that

I like Wikipedia, so much so that I'm one of the jerks who sends them a few bucks a month to support what they're trying to do. Encyclopedia sets used to cost several hundred dollars, which were outdated by the time they were printed and comprised the narrow views of legions of anonymous authors.

Freedom of information should be a religion.

Last edited:

I was pedaling my bike to Little League practice, standing up, when a pedal came off right in front of the park. I don't remember hitting the pavement. When I was coming to, I heard someone say "hey, he's lying on the pavement not moving". After I was able to walk to the bleachers and sit down, the coach asked if I was OK. I said "I think so".

"Great. Practice is about to start. Get out there in left field".

Last edited:
"rub some dirt on it!"

I was pedaling my bike to Little League practice, standing up, when a pedal came off ride in front of the park. I don't remember hitting the pavement. When I was coming to, I heard someone say "hey, he's lying on the pavement not moving". After I was able to walk to the bleachers and sit down, the coach asked if I was OK. I said "I think so".

"Great. Practice is about to start. Get out there in left field".

Latest posts

Back