House getting Fumigated next week..arggh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oceantendency

Reaction score
So next Tuesday and Wednesday the house is getting fumigated for 2 days. Next door neighbor nice enough to let me store some of my brewing gear in his Garage. I'm planning on pulling out all brewery gear, Grain, hops, putting my yeast bank into a cooler with some koolit packs, as well as emptying out the cellar (already have all my bottles in Rubbermaid tubs), my smoked wheat beer is about done but will secondary from Conical and place carboy into a Rubbermaid tub for a few days in my neighbors garage (hopefully).

Anybody ever had to do something similar, how many days before I should start moving stuff back in??

I had it done in the 90's for termites in FL. I think I was back in the house the next day. If your house has a crawl space make sure they leave an opening for any animals that might be under the house.

I asked them to do it and was watching. I mentioned that the tent was all the way to the ground. When lifting it the worker got a face full of the tear gas. Then as soon as he lifted the side of the tent - whoosh - out comes a cat at about mach 1.

My sister has done it a few weeks ago. Fumigation helps to destroy the pest problem and the experts like pest control rats Rocklin, CA does it with proper precautions. And yes, you have said it correctly about leaving an opening. I agree with this.

Back