HOT Habanero Cheddar Cheese

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1685938472007.png

1685938544229.png

1685938667853.png

Here's a pic of the milk in my sous vide. Using a sous vide immersion cooker like that is a great way to regulate temperature of the milk during the ripening and curding process. Temperatures are important, and that little cooker makes it easy. To be clear, the milk is in the large pot, the immersion cooker heats the water around it.

1686014088522.png

Last edited:
i have been wanting to get into making cheese for a while starting with the simple ones. might have to look into it more this winter. pretty sure i can find some raw milk close by.

This one was a big success. Very spicey, very delicious, melts well (I've been making nachos with it)
Looks very appetizing, something I'd be proud to showcase with friends and family, great job. I've been following your cheese making endeavors for a while and it's something I have been contemplating trying myself. Keep the progress posts coming, they are not only informative but also satisfy the drool factor :yes:

Made nachos with this tonight. My goal with this cheese was get them as spicey as possible. When I made the cheese, I boiled the peppers (japs and habs) and added the boiling juice to the cheese.

Anyway, the cheese is impressively spicey. Good stuff. You can't buy cheese like this.

Made nachos with this tonight. My goal with this cheese was get them as spicey as possible. When I made the cheese, I boiled the peppers (japs and habs) and added the boiling juice to the cheese.

Anyway, the cheese is impressively spicey. Good stuff. You can't buy cheese like this.
That sounds sooooo great! Thanks for keeping us informed. I want to do this now, you know!

Latest posts

Back