Hosehead Issues controlling the pump?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stillshinen

Reaction score
I just did my first brew using the Hosehead (HH) controller and first all-electric. I will say I made some changes in my kettle while converting from gas to electric and there were some issued related to that. Concerning the HH did anyone have any issued turning Off the pump? I had to unplug the pump 90% of the time as my cell phone would control HH for the pump function. I would hear a click as if it was about to turn it off but nothing would happen. I would even try refreshing the browsers and nothing. I thought that maybe it was a Wi-Fi connectivity issue. So to test the Wi-Fi I was able to change temperature, change auto to manual and or turn element on/off without any issues. Please let me know if anyone has experienced this issue or if there is any easy fix other than sending it back for warrantee work? Thanks in advance.

Are you using Elsinore, or Craftbeerpi as the GUI front end?

As a test, you can plug a lamp into the outlet for the pump, and test it without having to do any brewing.

Corey is really good about responding to issues with the Hosehead, and sending out part(s) when needed.

I never recieved the part that was sent so Corey is sending it out again... I really hope i can get this device working like it was advertized.

I am not feeling the love of this Hosehead unit. I had issues right out of shoot, email Corey and he called right away that didn't address the issue. He stated he sent the parts on June 2nd. On July 2nd second I didn't receive the parts and on the 25ths i am still waiting... I guess I won't be up and running for my Sep 2nd local brewing competition entry:mad:.

I am not feeling the love of this Hosehead unit. I had issues right out of shoot, email Corey and he called right away that didn't address the issue. He stated he sent the parts on June 2nd. On July 2nd second I didn't receive the parts and on the 25ths i am still waiting... I guess I won't be up and running for my Sep 2nd local brewing competition entry:mad:.
I totally understand your frustration but as far as it preventing you from brewing, I thought you said it was just a pump switch that wasnt working?

Cant you just use a powerstrip with a switch on it or plug in and unplug the pump to brew until it gets sorted out?

I totally understand your frustration but as far as it preventing you from brewing, I thought you said it was just a pump switch that wasn't working?

Cant you just use a powerstrip with a switch on it or plug in and unplug the pump to brew until it gets sorted out?

Great idea but no need. Corey came through with flying colors. He provided the part with great directions and follow up support. He really went above and beyond! I will brew up 5 gallons of Pliny the Elder clone this weekend!:ban::ban:

Latest posts

Back