HopsDirect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know how I knew you were new? Welcome to homebrewtalk :)

Hopsdirect rocks, take a look at any of the threads linked below

Got a pound of cascade for $1.13/oz shipped, and most of the cost was the shipping :) If you order more, you get a better deal

I was just at there site and they are offering a 5% discount for April on hops and Rhizomes note:

During the month of April HOPS DIRECT is offering a 5 % discount on their Hops and Rhizomes. To gain
the 5% you must go on the website and type the coupon code in the Comments box of the Step 1
Checkout window, or you can bring the coupon to the Craft Brewer Conference to gain the discount at
booth 813. Hops Direct is giving free t-shirts out to the first 100 customers, please come and visit us at
the Craft Brewer Conference!
Offer Expires: April 30, 2010 Coupon Code: CBC89 *Coupon is not limited to one time use.
Forward email
just wanted to let y'all know if you don't already.

I ordered two cascade rhizomes from them, they sent me three. Yes I would order again, and will.

Yes, they are awesome. Just order at least 4 pounds to make the shipping worth it. You will not find a better deal on hops anywhere. If you have a foodsaver or other vacuum sealer, you can keep the hops in the freezer for months.

No better deal on hops anywhere! And the price per ounce goes down quickly if you order several pounds, because after the base UPS shipping rate of about $7-8, additional weight only drives the price up a little per pound. For instance, I just got six pounds of different hops delivered, and including $12.80 for shipping the cost came to $.80/oz. Hard to beat that!

Just give yourself a bit of leeway in terms of time, though; don't place an order on Monday with the expectation that they'll be delivered in time for the big weekend brew day you're planning. The only complaints I've ever seen here were from people who had unrealistic expectations for super-fast shipping and delivery. You might not receive the package for 8-10 days, but it will be worth your while when you do.

Another satisfied customer here as well. I've bought lbs of hops from them in the past. I actually just received 2 cascade rhizomes from them last week. I received my order from them 5 days after I ordered it.

P.S.

They don't include shipping, but if you call them during their business hours, they would be more than happy to let you know how much it will cost you.

I just ordered my first 5lbs from them (splitting it with someone I know). It felt like a steal ordering the hops at those prices... compared to what I paid for locally per oz. From what I have read on these boards, its the best place to buy in bulk. If you plan to brew often (atleast once a month) then try to plan out your next 4-5 brews and buy the hops you need now. You won't regret it!

I just received 4# today. Ordered them on Friday. I have ordered about 20# from them over the past 8 months (some for friends) and I always get at least 18 oz for the 16 oz price. I normally order pellets, but I ordered a pound of Citra leaf this time and got 19 oz. Boy does it smell good. They are polite and very nice. This time they overcharged by mistake - typed $133.50/# rather than $13.50. A quick email to them on Sunday and they called my cell phone on Monday to apologize and let me know it was fixed. An email would have been fine, but the personal touch was nice. They are my only hops source. I just wish they carried Summit!

I was very happy with HopsDirect. I use my LHBS now for bulk hops since they are just a little more expensive than HopsDirect, but I wouldn't hesitate to place an order with them again.

I just ordered 5 pounds from them and was very pleased. Make it worth your while and order at least 4 to spread out the shipping cost. Plus every "pound" i got was at least 18oz. The best part was the customer service. they actually forgot to charge and ship a pound that I ordered, so i just called them up and they shipped me the pound without shipping. they were very apologetic and friendly.

Have used, and will continue to use Hops Direct as long as they're in business. Great product, great care taken to store and ship, and best price I could find anywhere.

Has anyone from Canada tried to order from these guys? I'd like to know how much this would cost going through customs, I'd assume pretty little...?

Thank you for all of the replies. I ordered four pounds of PELLET hops, and the shipping to southeastern PA was $14.00. Adding two more pounds would bring the shipping to $14.80. HD noted that cost to ship whole cones is slightly more due to bulk. All in all, the hops come in at $0.83 per ounce.

Typically I have purchased from Freshops and/or LHBS, but I wanted to give this a try.

Back