hopsdirect.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my tracking information for my 4lb order.

The UPS tracking says the shipment weights 6lbs.

Last time I checked, a carbboard box didn't weight 2lbs, not for the size necessary to send 4lbs. Do you think they tossed in anything extra?

I won't be heart broken if they don't but it gets me to wondering... and it wont be here till friday :( excited... my first hop order.

mine was the same 4lbs ordered shipping said 6 pounds. I think I ended up with about 1/2 pound extra some were less than 2 oz over one was close 4 oz over

I just received my second order ever from them. I called in my order and asked if I could possibly get 2lbs Centennial, because the website wasnt letting me add more than one. She said no, because they were trying to make sure there was enough for everyone, which I told her was fine with me, and I proceeded to buy the 3 other types of hops I needed as well.

I received my order today, each bag 1oz over AND, wait for it..... a second 1lb bag of Centennial. The packing slip was correct, only 4lbs of hops ordered...but I received 5! I'm ecstatic, Centennial is the hop I used the most!

Yes these are wide mouth jars, the FoodSaver attachment is called a Wide Mouth Jar Sealer. I bought some extra lids (cheap) but have not had to use them yet... the original ones dont get bent when I pop them open.

They sell a "regular mouth jar sealer" on Amazon for $9.99 that works nicely on regular Mason Jars, too.

I've found that I didnt need to buy the regular mouth jar sealer. If you have any of the foodsaver jars, you can take any mason jar that will fit in them, seal the foodsaver jar which seals anything inside of it. Pull it out, screw the collar on!

I just received my second order ever from them. I called in my order and asked if I could possibly get 2lbs Centennial, because the website wasnt letting me add more than one. She said no, because they were trying to make sure there was enough for everyone, which I told her was fine with me, and I proceeded to buy the 3 other types of hops I needed as well.

I received my order today, each bag 1oz over AND, wait for it..... a second 1lb bag of Centennial. The packing slip was correct, only 4lbs of hops ordered...but I received 5! I'm ecstatic, Centennial is the hop I used the most!

They are a great company and do a great job getting us our hops and sometimes use a heavy hand, presumably to be sure we get what we ordered.... in this case there was a clear error and you might consider letting them know and at least offer to return and/or pay for them. Clearly this wasn't on purpose.

They are a great company and do a great job getting us our hops and sometimes use a heavy hand, presumably to be sure we get what we ordered.... in this case there was a clear error and you might consider letting them know and at least offer to return and/or pay for them. Clearly this wasn't on purpose.

+1000

Honesty pays off...

Just a quick plug for Hops Direct. I ordered 5 pounds of hops from them mid-day Monday. They arrived here in Montana via UPS ground on Wednesday morning. Very impressive. We ordered a mixture of pellets and leaf and the bags contained between 18 and 21 ounces of hops. Very nice! We'll be brewing tonight.

So, since this is only July, that was last years harvest, right?
And they still have some? Sweet.
This late in the year, would you be tempted to hang on another couple months and get the fresh '09?
Or was it just a "need some now" "don't care" thing?

I will be buying quite a bit this fall and packing individual 2-4 oz "servings" for the coming years brews.

It was definitely need some now and maybe noob ignorance on my part about when the 2009 harvest will be available. The pricing through Hops Direct was good enough that I got each pound of hops for about half of what I could get it for at the LHBS. When will the 2009 harvest be on the market? Will the price be higher than for 2008 crop?

It was definitely need some now and maybe noob ignorance on my part about when the 2009 harvest will be available. The pricing through Hops Direct was good enough that I got each pound of hops for about half of what I could get it for at the LHBS. When will the 2009 harvest be on the market? Will the price be higher than for 2008 crop?

2009 hops? Maybe late fall, winter... I have not even begun my 2009 harvest yet. Pricing will depend on the market, the crop... too many variables to tell.

Latest posts

Back