Hops racked into keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnybrew

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
When I racked a dry hopped (with pellets) beer into my keg I got some hop sediment in there too. Not a ton, but enough to be irritating. The two samples I pulled over the last two days had hops, but the keg is still carbing and settling since I racked two days ago. I assume after everything has settled, and as long as I don't shake the corny, that whatever hops settle near the dip tube will be poured and remaining pours will be ok. Sound right? Or does anyone have a good method of de-hopping my keg? Thanks and Happy New Year.

Short of filtering your brew probably not much you can do. Most will probably settle out and end up in the first few pints as you suggested. Unless you plan on entering a comp, a few hop flecks isn't going to hurt anything.

If your friends give you any crap tell them to drink a Budwieser if they are afraid of a little hops..

Back