Hops Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddy

Reaction score
Hi Could use a little help.Ihave done several extract kits and now want to try some parcial grain kits. The instructions are not real clear on the hops. Do the hops go straight in the wort or should they go into a sparg bag.thanks john.

One other proublem ----My wife likes the light beers and she is wiping out my inventory what do i do.!!!!!!!

buddy said:
One other proublem ----My wife likes the light beers and she is wiping out my inventory what do i do.!!!!!!!

BREW MAN, BREW!! GIVE IT ALL YA GOT CAPTAIN!!!!

In my extract\grain brews, most came with pretty detailed instructions. I believe you will find that as you boil the grains and extract, you add the hops at certain time intervals to the boil. Like, my stout asked me to throw in so much hops at 15 minutes into the boil and then again with 15 minutes left.

as far as the wife goes....brew the beers you like unless whe feels like driking 5 gal. ....lol
sorry...

I am new to brewing also but i have found that Austin HBS and Northern Brewer has had great detail on there recomeded brew process!

as far as hops again I am learning but, I have just put the hops right in with my wort and then into the primary!

I am going to brew tomarrow and do a PM and strain my wort through a muslem(spelling)bag that is over a strainer in to my primary....that sould take care of most of my hops!!

oo yeah... if the hops ar going in with the sparge bag ..?!? I think I seen that in Papazians book... wait sorry ..... if you are doing spec. grains...
1 steep grains
2 let drain
3 bring wort back to boil
4 add hops as directed
5 rack to primary

were is your kit from?

see you at the bottem!

Ok thanks I may try that and strain it going into the primary.

Its a brewers best kit ---when it gets to the hops it gest says(Add bittering hops)

And boil for 55 minutes then add finishing hops.Boil for an additional 5 min.

thanks john

Latest posts

Back