Hops aftershave- easy ,do it.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonmohno

Reaction score
Many of you that read Beer magazine may have come across this.Its very easy; just 14 grams of hops and one bottle of cheap witch hazel,let it sit in a jar two weeks,shaking daily,then funnel/strain back into the origional container/use it.

Im not a big shaver,but may be conformed.So my girlfriend entered the kitchen after i was straining and asked what that awesome smell was, i said ,hops-aftershave and im drinking the first beer i dryhopped with the same hop as well with it. Which is a pretty tastey somewhat mild ipa.
I used ivanhoe,which was experimental because i had no idea what it was like ,but it shure made a good dryhopped beer and aftershave mild and floral/ herbalish but unfortunatly possibly could be slightly aged hops also which seems to be the story of my hop experience.Ill have to make more again.She said she wanted to use it after shaving her legs,i said go for it. I know ill be shaving more often,now.

...funny that the ad directly above this thread for me right now is a lasar hair removal ad. "Still shaving? ..."

I might have to give this a try. Thanks

Yeah ads a triggered with subject related things now,but my ads happens to be a starbucks right now, probably because i was looking at "green coffee beans" earlier and coffee roasters.

...guess that would explain the "less than PC" ads that show up on my desktop now and then...

Time to clear the cookies!

It recommends whole hops due to its easier straining,but after thinking about it,im just going to go with how good it smells out the bag- i dont really care about sediment.And yes i squeezed the hops some,which it doesnt specify and i only got 3/4 of a container also but as long as you strain it,it shouldnt matter i think.It's probably really about the freshness/aroma straight out the bag.So choose your favorate hop or hop combo if you can spare them other than brewing,for me i had an overabundance of hops and not enough grain. In fact im going to hop the crap out of my next beer so i can get rid of my surpluss hops and make some more after shave.Wish i new how to make soap cuz i definatly would be doing that as well.

Wish i new how to make soap cuz i definatly would be doing that as well.

Brambleberry.com

The wife makes soap and there are a few others here that do as well.

I also have some "hopstick" which is novel but has 0 aroma. (It's like chapstick) I am soon going to have some beer/hop soap, shampo bar, deodorant and now some "after shave" even though I do not shave...

Something else to try for fun is add a little (I mean about 5-8 pinches) of pellet hop dust to just about any breading recipe. (Like fish) I have been doing this and think it adds a little extra punch to the breading.

Back