Hoppy/Light/IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewByBerg

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking for some input on the hip schedule in my next all grain BIAB IPA recipe. I've made a good amount of ipas and have had a lot of fun experimenting with flavors/hop schedules.

I'm looking to brew a super light (2row) super hoppy ipa, but was looking to add a little base malt to give it a lil extra. But I want to keep it super light in color. I'm picking 4 hops to brew with and I'm keeping them all equal at .5oz per addition. I've attached photos of my recipe but let me know what you think! Thanks!View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1427863920.128157.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1427863932.175990.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1427863952.364604.jpg

Not sure about the 5 minute Chinook addition towards the end. Depending on who you ask, a nice dose of herbal-heavy hops towards the end might be too much. But, other than that it looks nice!

Looks good, but you don't want too high of an FG so try to get it as low as possible. I assume you neglected to adjust the yeast attenuation in the calculator. Look into replacing 5% of the base malt with corn sugar to aid with dryness.

Double up on your dryhop in two stages for 5 days contact each stage. The dryhop should dominate with the most hops by weight in any good IIPA recipe.

I wouldn't worry about the usage of Chinook here. The amount, selection, and timing of the other hops used will create a juicy, tropical bomb of an IIPA. The Chinook will likely be lost.

Back