Hope the brew turns out ok.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medic76

Reaction score
So I just got done starting my first, but her is my question, when I pitched the yeast I pitched it around 34 degrees C. that was after I had tried to cool it down with putting ice packs in a ziplock bag and putting it in the mix. but the bad thing is The ziplock bag broke open. So I guess I have 2 questions
1. did I pitch the yeast at to high a temp?
2. did I infect the batch with the ziplock bag breaking open to the ice packs

Thanks
Medic76

and also my Kit is a coopers brew Kit

Yes, and possibly.

However, I wouldn't be too worried about either at this point. In the future, try putting the kettle into an ice bath and let it cool long enough to get down to temp.

thanks Ace, for the answers to that ,And I have one more question. What could be the out come, besides being a bad batch, could it be done quicker being that the yeast was pitched at that high of temp? I plan on letting it sit for about 2 wks.
medic76

What temp is it fermenting at? Warm fermentations tend to lead to more ester productions and quicker ferments.

it is about 70 degrees F. I put in the bathroom up stairs , because my basement I think gets around 65 or so maybe cooler at night.

I would put it in the basement. IMO 60-63F is perfect for most Ales, maybe move it upstairs for the last 2 weeks in the fermenter to help the yeast clean up after themselves and finish everything off.

Back