Hope i did not mess it up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueMoonFishing

Reaction score
So I just Brewed my first ever Brew with my Mr.beer. Followed directions to a T

Boiled water , took off heat and added the 2 cans of HME, stirred and I mixed the HME. poured into leg with cold water already in there then topped off the the right line with cold water, stirred mix for a while. Then let cool to temp to Pitch in yeast,

Here where I may of messed up as I was shaking yeast the packet fell in keg, so I used a Sanitized spoon and got it out, put second pack of yeast in no problem. Let yeast sit on top, then stirred it in mix for a while, capped and put in dark closet where it stays 70degs.

Should it be ok? Even when I dropped Packet in mix?

image-1535993069.jpg

jspence1 said:
Odds are it will be fine, Nothing you can do about it but wait. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Thank u. I feel like a dip. Cuz I did everything to T. And my stupid hand drops the Packet. I have my Fingers Crossed too

The fermenting yeast will probably overpower any nasties on the packet. Time will tell. In the future sanitize the outside of the packet before opening.

You will be fine. There is a thread of stuff people have dropped into there fermenter and it still turned out great. I can' find it right now but don't worry it will be fine.

Im shure its fine. Were your hands clean,how bout the packet. Probably as long as you wernet licking the pack and it wasnt handled much.Usually its always fine. Is that a porter you got there?

kh54s10 said:
The fermenting yeast will probably overpower any nasties on the packet. Time will tell. In the future sanitize the outside of the packet before opening.

Funny u say that cuz I did sanitize the packet lol. I sanitized everything and even the counter lol.

jonmohno said:
Im shure its fine. Were your hands clean,how bout the packet. Probably as long as you wernet licking the pack and it wasnt handled much.Usually its always fine. Is that a porter you got there?

It's a Wheat Beer. Witty Monk. And yes I had everything clean and Sanitized like a hospital room LOL

Your more than good then, i was thinking vs. no sanitized pack, whiping nose.worst case sinereo.

Latest posts

Back