hop tea for Ipa?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingerhammer

Reaction score
Hello fellow searchers of the perfect brew.Im going to do a better brew ipa next,but was thinking of doing a hop tea with some challenger pellets.I also have some stella and topaz hops that I could introduce.Never used hops before so a bit unsue.Any ideas welcome.

You need some unhopped (plain) extract to do the hop additions. Teas are ok to add a little flavor,but no way in hell are you gunna get a quality IPA that way. I've done a couple pale ales that way in the beginning. But it's not a process that I think lends itself to IPA brewing.

So how would you sugest improving on a better brew IPA extract kit?I would always add 500g muntons DME and I use demarara sugar on the ales I have done in the past.what about dryhopping?

It'll be easier for you to look at My recipes for ideas. Particularly my BuckIPA recipe. Those'll show you how it's done.

Latest posts

Back