Hop Rhizomes in Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric_pwb

Reaction score
I just wanted to let all my fellow Canadian Homebrewers know about a hop plant supplier in Canada that I found after much time spent searching for a Sorachi Ace Rhizome in Canada.

Initially I had found and ordered a Sorachi Ace (along with 3 other Rhizomes) from homebrewsupplies.ca (Randy there is excellent to deal with!) However, Randy notified me that the grower was unable to provide any Sorachi Ace (or Tahoma) Rhizomes this spring due to winter conditions. So I went on the hunt for another supplier. I eventually came across GreenField Gardens (http://www.greenfieldgardens.ca) in Fenwick Ontario! Laura at Greenfield has been amazing to deal with! They however, do not ship out rhizomes, but established plant seedlings! Their pricing is $10 per plant (which seems like a bargain, as most Canadian Rhizome suppliers seem to be charging $7 - $10). They also have a huge selection of varieties (19 to be exact!) including some of the harder to find ones like Sorachi Ace and Cashmere.:ban:

So for all those Canadian homebrewers like me that are looking for rhizomes, check out Greenfield Gardens!

Full Disclosure: I have no affiliation with Greenfield Gardens, and have not been provided anything for free by them.

I found Four Horses Farms to be offering rhizomes at a seemingly good price point. I have yet to order anything from anywhere. Seeing this in the "new threads" list thought I could chime in and add to the list of suppliers. Particularly since we get killed on the exchange rate these days.

"Our varieties include Canadian Redvine, Hallertau, Golding, Cascade, Fuggle, Saaz, Nugget, Willamette, Mount Hood, Crystal, Galena, Magnum, Stirling, Centennial, Chinook, Northern Brewer, Brewer's Gold, Liberty, Newport, Zeus, Santiam, and Perle."

Back