Hop Oils Calculator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janisco

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, I created an online calculator that will estimate the average hop oil composition of your recipes.

I got all the hop data from Hopunion, it's for the 2013 harvest. I hope to make an updated calculator for the 2014 harvest as soon as the data comes in. The oil composition is a varietal average and that specific batches of hops may differ from that average value.

Check out the hop data sheet that the calculator is pulling from to make sure your hop choices have complete data here.

Link to the calculator: http://scottjanish.com/hop-oils-calulator/

Currently it will show values for myrcene, linalool, caryophyllene, farnesene, humulene, geraniol, co-humulone, beta acids, and alpha acids averages.

HopOilsCalculator.png

Cool tool!

Now I need to brush up on what these numbers mean and add up to in real life.
These are all percentages, right? No absolute values in nanograms or ppb.

PS: I think there's a typo in genaniol.

It is good info, but the page could be made so that the chart shows up in the page more easily. It is not very user friendly the way the page is laid out right now. The double slider bars are a pain to use when trying to center the chart to get info as the hops further down do not have the types of oils visible to go with the data....

Good suggestion, I'll work on a better way to embed the calculator.

Back