Hop Blossom Competition Results?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrphillips

Reaction score
The Hop Blossom Comp. in Winchester, VA has their judging tomorrow, and I wondered if anyone knew if/where they would post the results. I don't know if anyone on this forum entered or not. Thanks.

I just looked and it seems they will announce results on the 7th at the festival and will mail sheets back the day after.

That said:

I'm sure these competitions take a long time and a lot of hard work to organize but I'm a little upset that we can't see our results ahead of that time. I mean they've been judging all weekend!! I'm not saying I anticipate winning or anything but I would like to go to the awards if I knew that I won something but instead I have to wait a week to hear my results and they will be announced at the festival without me even being there? Sounds like a ploy to sell festival tickets. Not to mention they've already had my beer for almost a month at that point... That's a long time for results. There is no reason they cannot post the results online. Spirit of Free Beer had theirs up the very same day... Then, if I won something I would be happy to show up at the festival and get a little recognition. But since most of us, including probably myself because I'm modest like that, will not win anything I'd just like to see a list of my scores. The brew competition software provides for that ability so come on, what gives?

Ok, rant over...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Groner,

Thanks for the feedback. We do appreciate it for sure. Trust that we HAVE noted your feedback and will be taking it under consideration for sure. I'm not saying we will change it, but we will take it under advisement.

Honestly, we made the choice as a Club to not reveal the results until the day of the Hop Blossom Craft Beer Fest so that all could hear the results for the first time at once and create more Homebrewer Comradely. I assure you that it was certainly not any ploy to get anyone to buy a ticket to the Craft Beer Fest.

Congratulations on your 2nd place win!

Tim

Just saw this reply Tim. Thanks for taking the time to do that. I understand that it's difficult to run these competitions and volunteers are probably in short supply sometimes. Thanks for taking it into consideration and hope to be there again next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Groner,

We are all set for 2015 with a Competition date of Saturday, May 30th
Link is here: http://shenbrew.org/hop_blossom_14/

I emailed someone a week or so ago about the 2015 competition. The links to the rules and entry information page don't work.

I've never done a competition and was hoping to enter this one as my first, but I can't figure out how. :)

I emailed someone a week or so ago about the 2015 competition. The links to the rules and entry information page don't work.

I've never done a competition and was hoping to enter this one as my first, but I can't figure out how. :)

Sboyajian,

I replied to you, I guess that you did not get the email or it went to your junk folder. Try the link again.

Try this link, http://shenbrew.org/hop_blossom_14/

Let me know if this works for you.

Registration open: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 12:00 PM, EDT.

Registration close: Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 5:00 PM, EDT.

Judging and Stewarding

If you are willing to judge or steward, please return to register on or after Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 12:00 PM, EST.

Thanks Larsccw. Probably did go in my junk folder. I don't go in there very often.

I was able to get to that page, however the links on the page for Competition Rules and Entry Information are not working.

Just curious about requirements such as do I have to be a member of SVHG, AHA, etc? Is there a template for the bottle tags?

Thanks Larsccw. Probably did go in my junk folder. I don't go in there very often.

I was able to get to that page, however the links on the page for Competition Rules and Entry Information are not working.

Just curious about requirements such as do I have to be a member of SVHG, AHA, etc? Is there a template for the bottle tags?

sboyajian, We just got the issue resolved in the Competition software, delete your cookies and try again and all the rules and entry info links are now all working. If was an issue with the comp software. Had to turn off the Search Engine Friendly URLs option. Thanks!

sboyajian, We just got the issue resolved in the Competition software, delete your cookies and try again and all the rules and entry info links are now all working. If was an issue with the comp software. Had to turn off the Search Engine Friendly URLs option. Thanks!

Perfect! Thanks!

Back