Hop advice?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

head

Reaction score
I'm brewing an amber wheat recipe and I was wondering if someone who's more experienced could give me a tip on the hops I have.

I'm brewing this so my wife will drink some home brew, and she hates strong hop flavor.

Here's what I have 2 ounces of Fuggles %4.5 and 2 ounces of Tettnanger(?) pellets unknown %.

My LHBS reccomended 1 oz of the Tett.. 60 min. and 1/2 oz for 5 min.

Opinions?

Thanks

That sounds like it would go well together, tettnanger is a noble hop and has a softer bitterness than most of the American varieties.

Yeah I think Tett is a safe play and will go nicely with the wheat. What kind of yeast are you using?

I think 4oz is going to be pretty hoppy for a wheat beer, especially for somebody who isn't a fan of hoppy beers. I'd agree with your LHBS.

I'm not thinking about using all 4 oz, just looking for input on what to use from what I happen to have.

I'll have to wait untill I get home to say which yeast my LHBS gave me.

The yeast I have doesn't have a brand name on it, but here's what it says:
#1318, London III Ale.

Not a hops expert but I have been reading up on some "lite HB recipies" and I will be creating a lite/wheat beer for my SWMBO. I am planning on using 2oz of Mt.Hood but will be 1/2ing the hops schedule. boiling 1 oz @ 30min and then 1/2 @ 15 min. the other 1/2 @ 5 min.

I am hoping that I will end up with a "lite, crisp and refreshing" beer with subtle notes of the adjuncts I will be adding. I am also hoping that it will not be hoppy or malty but a very neutral beer.

good luck to you!

Just throwing my opinion out there, the fuggles wont be so bad either. They have a mild fruity flavor I think, and aren't as bitter as their sister Williamettes.

I think the fuggles might go good too. Maybe use the Tett for 60mins and then a fuggle for flameout.

Back