Hop Additions to Rye IPA / Thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxCaseyBrewxX

Reaction score
So I'm brewing a Rye IPA and want to produce a nice citrus, with a small pine from simcoe. Any thoughts on these hop additions?

1oz Chinook 45min
1oz Amarillo 30min
1oz Simcoe 15min
.5oz Citra 10 min
1.5oz Citra 5 min

I would move the chinook to 60 minutes and the amarillo and simcoe starting at 15-20 minutes or so. Then dry hop with the citra.

I have a rye ipa dry hopping right now that followed what I just described only dry hopping with more chinook, amarillo, and simcoe and it smells awesome of citrus!

I was planning on dry hopping with both Simcoe and Citra. How much are you dry hopping with (what volumes)?

This is what I brewed last night and it was a real good session. My efficiency was way up and the wort looked beautiful. OG: 1.070

image-395723216.jpg

How much to dry hop is personal preference to me. Look at other IPAs you have brewed and see what amounts you dry hopped for them. If it was me I would probably throw in an ounce of each at least. Look at the recipe database for similar recipes and start from there!

I like the color of your hydro sample!

Back