Hooker Liberator Doppelbock clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cryptonic84

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has made a clone of this before or knows of a recipe floating around. tried search and even googled it, but no luck yet.

With the ingredients listed on the site you should be able to come up with something. I'll admit coming up with the 2-Row, Munich and Vienna percentages might be challenging. The specialty malts should be a little more straight forward.

Malts: Canadian 2-Row, Munich, Vienna, Caramunich II, Carahells, Melinoidian, Chocolate, Wheat Malt
Hops: Bittering (Spalter, Hallertauer), Flavor (Spalter Brewer, Saaz), Aroma (Saaz)
Original Gravity: 1.082
Finishing Gravity: 1.020
IBU's: 24

I played around with the ingredients and just plugged in common percentages for each type. Maybe you can spot something that seems out of place based on your tastings.

Based on the choice of malts makes me think a single infusion mash is used, maybe 156 degrees.

5.5 Gallon Batch, 17lbs of grain @ 75% efficiency

2-Row 46%
Munich 20%
Vienna 20%
Wheat 5%
Carahells 2.5%
CaraMunich II 2.5%
Melanoidin 2%
Chocolate 2%

Spalter .75 ounce 60min
Hallertau .75 ounce 60min
Spalter .25 ounce 15min