Honeywell Valves & 6" Banjos

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodDogShelby

Reaction score
I currently have a low pressure 6" banjo under my HLT. It does an adequate job getting to strike temp but it sometimes takes awhile.

I am in the process of adding some automation to the stand. I am putting a Honeywell V8200 controlled by a PID. Does anyone have any experience of how this is going to work with the 6" banjo? Will I see a big drop in performance, that is time? Any other pitfalls with this combo?

Thanks in advance. I've learned a ton from you guys.

LP or NG? What pressure are you currently using? Those valves have max pressure outputs of 5"wc for NG and 12"wc for LP. If the pressure you're using now is below those numbers, you shouldn't see any change in performance. You'll likely want to max out the pressure adjustment on the honeywell valve though.

I am using propane. In my current setup, I have a high pressure regulator off of the tank. That feeds a HP 10" banjo for the BK and tee's into a Low Pressure Regulator 10" wc for the HLT.

Currently it takes quite a bit of time to get to strike temp.

You should get the same performance then. Just make sure you have the valve converted to LP, and make sure to adjust the valve pressure to at least the 10-11" wc that you're supplying it with.

Back