Honey wheat from Austin Homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhammers91

Reaction score
Hello,

5 weeks ago I brewed the honey wheat extract kit from Austin homebrew. It is currently in the keg, ( only my second time ever kegging, first was the Austin homebrew fat tire clone that I brewed three days prior to the honey wheat and it tastes awesome!) but it has kind of a funky taste. I have never had a honey wheat before, so I don't know if it is typical or if I screwed something up? It smells ok, but the taste is very smooth but has an almost sour finish to it... Is this normal or did I do something dumb?

Thanks!

I brewed this 2 months ago. I had the same issue but after 2+ weeks in the keg it started tasting great!

Well that makes me feel a little better. I have brewed probably 10 batches now and have not lost one to infection so I want to keep up my record, but if this is just how the beer is supposed to taste... Yikes...

Latest posts

Back