Honey Peach Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I've read through here and got a lot of great advice. I started my cider fermentation for this recipe mid January. I'm kegging and need to bottle a few to send off to the NHC. Just want your opinions to see if this is my best route?

Cold crash > Add peach nectar and honey into keg, rack cider onto it > Carbonate in keezer > bottle a few from keg once to the carb level I want > pasteurize with 165f water contained in a cooler for 10 min.

Am I missing any steps?

If you are going to force carb it why pasteurize? Just stabilize it and then ad your honey and peach.

Yeah I didn’t really think of that. This my first back sweetened cider and 2nd total cider so that didn’t really cross my mind. Usually just brew all beer.

I just bought 5 gallons of motts and going to put this together tonight. I couldn’t find the looza but found this and bought 34 Oz worth. Hoping it turns out just as good! I’ll keep the thread updated in a few weeks when I keg it.

View attachment 662724

How did this turn out with the Jumex? I know my local grocer carries just about every flavor of these. I think I've seen the Looza around but the ones I've seen are the "Peach Juice Drink" do they still make one that says "peach nectar"?

In general, are there any ingredients besides "apple juice" that people look for or avoid for cider purposes? Or is it the same as brewing?

Thanks!

How did this turn out with the Jumex? I know my local grocer carries just about every flavor of these. I think I've seen the Looza around but the ones I've seen are the "Peach Juice Drink" do they still make one that says "peach nectar"?

In general, are there any ingredients besides "apple juice" that people look for or avoid for cider purposes? Or is it the same as brewing?

Thanks!

IMG_4117.JPG

I just pulled a pint of it just for the picture haha it’s absolutely delicious. The peach is subtle but there enough to know it. It’s very balanced with the apple. Highly recommend!

As far as what to look for, mainly avoid anything with potassium sorbate.

Fresh pressured, citric acid, etc. are all fine for fermentation. I believe I used motts apple juice in the 1 gal. Containers from Walmart for this recipe.

Back