honey amber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brockettbrews

Reaction score
I couldn't wait any longer. I put one in the freezer for about a half an hour. I tasted it all i could taste is honey. It was so good.

Sounds good! I tried a recent brew a little early as well. Turned out fine and will probably be better in a few weeks.

sounds delicious. would love to see the recipe if you wouldn't mind sharing.

i'm aways trying to find ways to get a strong honey taste in my beer.

actually what i did was added the honey during my secondary. I boiled it in some water and added it. I actually got it from a kit from my lhbs.

here is the recipe this is the last can i will do
1 - 3.3 can hopped amber malt extract(muntons)
2lbs light DME
1 ounce cascade at 60 min
1 muntons ale yeast

ferm 7 days
secondary added 24oz of honey 7 days
bottled 7 days at room temp

I did an American Wheat with 8oz honey malt that gives a noticeable (but still somewhat subtle) honey-sweetness. If I was deliberately going for a honey beer, I'd add honey after primary like you did in addition to the honey malt.

I always try one after a week in the bottle and 2 days in the fridge.

hey strambo im doing a german wheat and adding honey. iw ill probally doing it next week. getting alot of beer made. time tom start drinking it lol!! What kind of yeast did you use???

I used US-04, so it finished a little higher at 1.013 leaving some residual sugars. US 04 and US 05 are my go-to yeasts since they are cheap, easy, and ferment clean.

For a German, I'm sure you will want a hefe yeast, I don't care for those as much so I don't have experience with them.

wb-06 is the yeast i will be using. I love germany beer. i have a honey amber in bottles, last can i will use. O'fest fermanting, german lager all grain brewing monday. then im going to pull out mr. beer and do a honey german wheat beer. Will have to see how it turns out. i will have plenty to drink for the summer lol!

Latest posts

Back