Home Brewing in Waukegan, Illinois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msujack

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new to home brewing as of this month. I have my first batch of home brew (American Amber kit from True Brew) sitting in a fermenter ready to bottle this weekend and a Mr. Beer Keg (WCPA) ready to bottle this weekend as well.

Its been a fun hobby to this point, let's hope I can empty enough bottles to have room to bottle 7 gallons of beer (getting close!)

I really have been digging the forum and there is a wealth of knowledge and opinions out there. I have learned so far that everyone has an opinion and most are constructive at a minimum and usually helpful with advice. I have picked up on most acronyms, but a few still fail me. RDWDAHB (relax, don't worry. Drink a home brew). What is SWMBO? I know its a spouse term, but its bugging me that I can't figure out all the letters...

I am sure I will ask questions that have been answered before, but I always try to search the forum for previous threads before posting, and it has reduced my postings for the most part.

For those who don't know, Waukegan is about an hour drive North of Chicago and about 10 miles from the Southern Wisconsin boarder. Looking for a local club, but have not yet found one. Maybe I will start one up if there is a demand in the area.

Catch you all on the brew side.

SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed. Took me a few to figure out that one as well. I'm 40 min. West of you right outside of Fox Lake. Grow Masters in Gurnee is pretty close to you. They may know about some clubs. I know they have free brewing demonstrations on some Saturdays, some people bring in there home brews for everyone to sample. From what I hear they have a pretty good turnout....

I think I've already told you that before and didn't realize it.....ha!

No worries. I appreciate any insight into the Home Brew scene in Lake County. I have been to Grow Masters once. Its a decent enough shop, but dominated by growing supplies more so than brewing supplies. I have been to Perfect Brewing Supply in Libertyville a couple times. Its probably a couple minutes further out from me, but seem to be more brewing specific as opposed to growing.

Back