HOLY S! Monday Brewday!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bad coffee

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like I'll get to brew Monday.

Suggestions for a good easy beer? I'm looking at Ed's Bee Cave Bavarian Hefe, or maybe BM's Orange Kolsch. Something light and sippy for summer beer.

B

Really? Great!

How about a cream ale? That's my favorite summer sipper.

If summer falls on a Saturday up here, we drink cream ale and have a picnic.

I really like big beers and was not a big fan of my own Cream Ale...though the BMC crowd seems to dig it. Then, only because an Orioles fan PM'd me about how an orange would taste in my CDA (for obvious fannish reasons) I decided to toss a wedge into my my recently carbed Cream Ale...de-f'n-liscious :D I just fell in love with another one of my beers!!!

I agree with Yooper. I jumped the gun a little and brewed a cream ale a few weeks ago. It's ready super quick, and it's just so good! I used the all-grain recipe from Midwest's website. Something like 8lbs 2-row, 2 lbs flaked corn, and .5lb carapils. 1oz Cascade at 60, and 1oz Cascade at 5. Definitely a winner! I used S-05 yeast I had previously washed, so my bill was something like $12. I think that's my record!

So it looks like it will be the Orange Kolsch with 05.

Last time I used the corriander I got with the grain group buy, my blue moon smelled like hot-dog-water for about 6 months, so I'm skipping it for this one. I might end up adding about 1/2 black pepper for the spiciness.

As soon as The Lady leaves for work at 11, I'll start the great schlep and meausure out some grains.

8# MO
1.5# Wheat Malt
.5# Honey Malt

Gonna Mash 154ish,

.5 oz Hallertau MF @60
.5 oz Hallertau MF @30
.25 oz Summit @10.

Ferm at 66 to keep it cool. Ramp it up to ~70 over a couple of days at the end to clean it up.

Grain is ground, water is carbon filtered and is heating up to 163 for the mash!

B

Chill is done, sanitizing a keg.

Actually, it might just be my easiest brew day yet.

next it's time to make dog biscuits and (completely unrelated) homemade marshmallows!

Oh, and I'm 2L into my rye (31/50 in the HBT contest!) so I'm feeling just fine!

B

Back