Holy crap that would be cool

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not seeing a stir motor. I think the box you are seeing houses the connections for the heating element.

This would be a great ind for anyone starting a brewpub. At the least, these would make good brite/serving tanks. They'd work as fermenters but I think they'd be a pain regarding trub since they don't have the conical bottom.

Can't beat the price. I forsee someone's sig. other hemmoraging when this shows up on the driveway. Can you imagine the brewday trying to fill this thing 12 gallons at a time, Ugggh.

I am not seeing a stir motor. I think the box you are seeing houses the connections for the heating element.

Look to the left of the heating element in the interior shot. It looks like it has vanes behind the flat plate. Its hard to tell what that is, But because its mounted near the bottom it would stir up sediment without blowing the sediment onto the heating element causing burning/sticking to the element.

Look to the left of the heating element in the interior shot. It looks like it has vanes behind the flat plate. Its hard to tell what that is, But because its mounted near the bottom it would stir up sediment without blowing the sediment onto the heating element causing burning/sticking to the element.

Maybe.

I assumed that was the top port closure and that they dropped it to the bottom as the plate is too big to come through the port. If that is the case, I'd be looking at connecting a chain of some sort to keep it from dropping to the bottom. That'd be a b!tch to retrieve if it fell into 35 Gallons of wort.

That's the same "lady" that was pawning off the bio-path fermentors on craigslist and ebay as brewing systems a few months ago.

Did anyone ever find out if that was a scam or not?

They're used for propagating yeast...think in terms of making a massive starter for like a 15 BBL batch.....

Back