Holy Crap! Got up Sunday Morning and my whole garage smelled like a NEIPA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hwk-I-St8

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I brewed a NEIPA Saturday and pitched Omega's Hornindal mid afternoon at 90 degrees. By 9 pm is was going gangbusters. On Sunday am I went into the garage to get something and the whole garage (about 900 sq ft) smelled like I put my nose in a glass of NEIPA...seriously strong citrus smell.

My wife (no pics) walked out there and just said "Yummm".

I've never used any Kveik, but if that smell is any indication, this could be a spectacular beer.

Curious what hops you used? I just did a NEIPA with El Dorado, Azacca and Mandarina; the whole room smelled like Sunny Delight.

I love the Kveik strains, not just because they ferment quickly but also because the wide temp range. Based on those characteristics I assumed they were diastaticus but not so! I picked up a pack of Hornindal and a Voss and ended up brewing a couple of stouts with Hornindal and an IPA with Voss; I think I had that backwards though, Hornindal is supposed to be fruitier.

I had small columbus FWH and 10 min additions, and mosaic in the WP. This was prior to my dry hop addition of experimental grapefruit. I'll be adding a second DH of Mosaic cryo hops tomorrow and plan to keg on Saturday.

Back