holiday wish list

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtd_419

Reaction score
It's that time of year and swmbo is wanting a list of things I'd like. We are trying to keep around $100 and I'm curious what would be on your list

A grain mill would be nice, so would a few cases of 1l fliptop bottles, or a $100 GC from one of the better online HBS's.
Regards, GF.

Immersion chiller is definitely on there and was thinking flip tops would be nice. Grain mill is what she got me last year.

I do BIAB now but made a not so subtle hint to my wife about 1) where the LHBS is located and 2) how much I would like to start brewing with a 10 gallon mash tun that someone else has already turned into a mash tun (I wanted to avoid the possibility that I just got a 10 gallon Igloo cooler). Maybe I'll mention the words immersion chiller a few times between now and Christmas, also.

I biab too and have no issues with it (I can buy a lot of ingredients for the price of a mash tun)

All grain equip (already have a mash tun)
case of good imported beer, don't care what kind
5 string bass
Multi effects bass pedal
power tools (drill press, oscilating sander, etc)
Continued success and happiness

Vinator and Bottle tree.
Additional Carboys.
Bigger kettle (thinking 8-20 gal pot)

Those are the few on my wish list right now.

I biab too and have no issues with it (I can buy a lot of ingredients for the price of a mash tun)

I just feel restricted in terms of grain bill doing BIAB. I am pushing the limits of my 10 gallon kettle and I'm not even making particularly big beers.

BIAB is handy sometimes, but I still love my mash tun.

I put one of those new glass fermentors from NB/Midwest on my list. Also an aluminum racing style jack.

When nobody asks, I can think of stuff all day long. It's when they want to know that my mind draws a blank. I'm kind of in favor of not really doing gifts between wife and I this year, but then she went and put one or two fairly expensive items on her list.

BIAB is handy sometimes, but I still love my mash tun.

I put one of those new glass fermentors from NB/Midwest on my list. Also an aluminum racing style jack.

When nobody asks, I can think of stuff all day long. It's when they want to know that my mind draws a blank. I'm kind of in favor of not really doing gifts between wife and I this year, but then she went and put one or two fairly expensive items on her list.

I'm the same way and so is she, she said $100 limit and then asked for an ipad

This year I'm trying to finally make the switch to all grain batches so I have a 60 qt cooler on the list.
Also a yeast filter setup
Grain mill
Then there is my firearm list which goes on there every year. My mom finally has gotten into guns and wants to get me one this year so we shall see what she picks. Here is that list:
Makarov Bulgarian or Russian build
SKS rifle
Beretta minx
Ruger 10/22
Lee enfield
Chinese type 53
Cz 82
Armscore m206 38 special snub nose
Molot 91/30
Japanese arisaka rifle
Mossberg 500
Mossberg 930
M14
M1 garand
Ar15
Suomi m31(KP/-31)
AK47
Mauser K98
Sturmgewehr MP44/STG44
Luger
Walther p38
Walther ppks
Beretta m9
FN FAL
Thompson
M3
Mp-5
RPK
RPD
HK21

If anyone would like to purchase anything on that list for me please go ahead and do so!

I went all-in this year. I asked for the emotional/attention contribution. non-brewing SWMBO and I are doing a brew session together on New Years.

Maybe she'll buy me something, too, but I don't want to push it :)

Materials to start the frame in/build of my walk-in cooler/ferm chamber (going to wall off a section of my garage that is underground). Should be very energy efficient and I really want/need the extra space. That is on my I-want list. Other than that I kind of want a Roku.

Materials to start the frame in/build of my walk-in cooler/ferm chamber (going to wall off a section of my garage that is underground). Should be very energy efficient and I really want/need the extra space. That is on my I-want list. Other than that I kind of want a Roku.

I've got about 40 2x6's in my garage if you live anywhere close

I am assuming by Washington you do not mean DC. So we are probably on opposite coasts. Thanks though. more proof that Homebrewers are awesome people, especially with the cost of wood nowadays. I think I may just hit up the local re-store.

I am assuming by Washington you do not mean DC. So we are probably on opposite coasts. Thanks though. more proof that Homebrewers are awesome people, especially with the cost of wood nowadays. I think I may just hit up the local re-store.

Yeah, Washington state. I redid my deck and half of it was in good shape so I saved the boards thinking someone would have a use for em eventually.

Back