Holiday Cheer from the Complete joy of...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHhomebrewer

Reaction score
Anyone with experience with this recipe have any ideas on other adjuncts? I was thinking a half a pound of brown sugar during the boil? Also did anyone transfer to a secondary and add other spices during that time, such as a cinnamon stick for a few days etc? I plan on brewing this a week from now. 7-10 days in primary, a month in secondary then bottling.

I wouldn't suggest following the recipes in the Complete Joy - they are so non-specific as to crucial ingredients like crystal malts and yeasts that there is a huge variance in the final product depending on what you end up using. If you are new to the hobby, I recommend using well-reviewed & specific recipes.

I went to my local homebrew store and he set me up with the yeast ( safale US 05 two packets) he thought I should be ok with what I had in the book. Do you recommend AHA recipes?

Back