Holiday Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elaeace

Reaction score
As anyone brewed Brewers Best Holiday Ale Seasonal in the past? I saw it advertised to come out soon. Thinking of brewing that for the holidays. Looking for input on the flavor, hops, body, aroma, etc.

I brewed the Happy Holiday ale from Midwest Brewing Supplies about this time last year and thought it came out quite good and ready for the holiday, but the holiday it was ready for was Easter. Being a dark ale, it took quite a while for all the flavors to come together but then it was really good. If you want this for Christmas, I'd suggest you brew it a couple months ago.

I made the BB Holiday Stout a couple years ago. It is in my top 10 brews I have ever made. The amount of spices they add in the kit is perfect and mellow a lot after 6-10 months. I'm trying to remember what the other flavor profiles were like but it has been a while since I drank the last one. :( I remember a good mouth feel and it might have used another hint of bittering hops but I would say to leave the recipe alone for the first time you brew it. That being said, I would definitely suggest brewing it although you should have started it a month or two ago (if it had been for sale) since the holidays are pretty much here already and you are going to want to condition it.

Unfortunately it isn't available yet...so I couldn't start it months ago...the recipe will probably call for a month long process for 5 gallon batch...so it will be ready for winter...gents, thanks for the input, happy brewing!

Back