Holding Your Own "Oktoberfest"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinBeerber

Reaction score
Greetings All, my children's school has a father's club that has monthly gatherings. Usually it's poker or something of that sort, but I thought I might hold a lil beer brewing session to show how to brew beer with the goal of encouraging others to try.
My end goal is to have enough interested and take on the hobby that we could eventually hold a beer event. It's a private school, so drinking is not taboo, and there are a few functions that serve alcohol.
Having never really been to anything like that, what do they do, an Oktoberfest or beer event? Just serve small samples? Anything that goes along with this type of event? Strippers are probably a no go.

No strippers...hmm...
How about pretzel clad beer maids? Maybe pretzel lederhosen for them?

Make sure your Oktoberfest is actually in September, like it's supposed to be. The ACTUAL Oktoberfest always runs the 16 days prior to the first Sunday in October. This year's dates are September 20-October 5.

Latest posts

Back