Hof Ten Dormaal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuldTuborg

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else try beers from this brewery? I picked up a blond and an amber this Friday, and sampled the amber tonight. Aside from some ridiculously high carbonation (it was a bit silly), the taste itself was tremendous.

It poured a lovely dark reddish amber, and looked great in the glass. The aroma was a bit lacking, in that it gave no indication of what was to come. The taste itself started off grainy and wonderful, with a tiny bit of malt sweetness and solid spicy yeast funk bringing up the rear. The yeast flavor was out of control in the amber, in the best possible way, with just a hint of funky sourness. Somehow in all of it, the hops asserted themselves as well. I found it to be a well balanced beer, full of a variety of bold flavors, all while being very dry. Everything seemed to work together well, too, though it took me to the end of the glass to really understand it. My only real problem was the tremendous amount of carbonation, which made it a pain to pour and kept me belching for a good while after finishing.

Latest posts

Back