hobby farm newbie brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loofey

Reaction score
hey all i moved to a hobby farm and started to ferment as many things as it seemed the old timers did. as time goes on i will get up to speed here (i hope) with the advice of the experts. i can make basic wine, cider and my first extract beer turned out great!
im hoping to get ideas from the long timers short timers and anyone in between as to what i can brew from the natural area. i have purple and red plum wine aging, heavy dry and light sweet blackberry wine aging, plain cider bottled and aging and have almost drank all my first heffy beer so any ideas on things to ferment let me know. i live in the willamette valley in oregon.
love to meet you all, loof

nice!! "estate" brewing (home grown and malted grain, fresh home grown hops, hand picked/ground/pressed cider) is sort of an ultimate dream for some of us on the forum, sounds like you could do that eventually!

What are you capable of growing down there??

sorry had to cut up the pigs (been hangin 4 4 days) and other farm stuff so believe i will get back to you good people later.

Back