Hisense Dual Zone Keezer Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well it is finally finished. Have cherry cider, pale ale, Belgium dubel, a white wine, and two red wines on tap currently. Wine is using Nitrogen, others are CO2.
Used a Hisense FD90D6AWD.

20170504_180116.jpg

20170601_193720.jpg

20170601_191906.jpg

Has anyone else done a multi-temp keerer? This is working great, now I just need some better tap handles. Might have to fire up the 3D printer and make some with labels.

Well done, well done indeed.

On the regulators, I'm looking to add a third to mine now, and it's tough to find the connector that joins the multiple regulators together, did you just buy the 4 or 3 piece regulator or did you build that out? If so, do you have a link to the connector?

On the wine side, are you making that with kits? Serving on nitro super low PSI, just enough to push it through? I've been trying to justify adding a third tap to my setup, wine may be the ticket.

As for the tap handles, Do you have a lathe? I did some 3D printed ones, but the natural wood can't be beat.

Don't have a lathe, or I would definitely make from wood. The regulators were bought as a set of 4 and 3. I did change out the barb fittings for threaded.
Making wine from kits. Pushing with low pressure Nitrogen, and it works great. White wine in the cold section. Warmer is for the reds and stouts.

Do you have a build page? It would be nice to know how you built it :) It looks awesome, I want one.

I'm currently planning a similar system, was planning on going straight up through the lid and making a tower out of some old 3 inch copper pipes I have laying around, would look fantastic once polished up. Plans are to go with a dark beer, light beer, apricot/orange flavoured summer weizen type, white and red wine as well and might go with sparkling water and/or root beer for Teetotallers if I can fit them in the freezer space I have, and as mine looks the same size as yours I think it's doable. I was just going to go with CO2 pushing the wine, is there a reason to go nitrogen? Does CO2 add something undesirable? I also would like to see a build breakdown if you have it.
EDIT: I don't think sparkling wine would be a bad thing, hence why I was going to go with CO2.

Last edited:
Has anyone else done a multi-temp keerer? This is working great, now I just need some better tap handles. Might have to fire up the 3D printer and make some with labels.

I have the same freezer and was thinking about converting it but wasnt sure how to proceed with the internal wiring, do you have any pics or a write up to show how you did it?
Thanks and great job on it :mug:

I have the same Hisense and use the soft freeze side for canned and bottled beers. Only modifications are mounting a 2 faucet tower and a Ranco. I set the Ranco to 38F and the soft side thermostat to 21C. Nice to have kegged beers and ciders in the same place as the cans and bottles.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/photo/hisense-9-cf-dual-compartment-63091.html

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/photo/hisense-9-cf-dual-compartment-63089.html

I don't have a build page. Basically 2x8 and 1x8 glued together for most, with a 3D printed land for the top to seal against. I can take more pictures if there are any particular items of interest.
I purchased from Sams Club, but they don't have them any longer. I only see one place online showing them for sale.
http://salestores.com/hisensefd90d.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw2s_MBRA5EiwAmWIac0w_yDfvinVlYCIrLMYB92j7l4v0NvRLz4kPtqq9OF7pEVXrfkMR0hoCj9oQAvD_BwE#.WZT60ih95aQ

I didn't do any special wiring, just using a temperature controller with the thermocouple in the cold side, and adjust the warmer side with the front control.

CO2 will give you sparkling wine. I like my reds without carbonation, also I hear Nitrogen is good for the Stouts, plan to make one soon. With this setup I have flexibility to use either gas in either compartment, at it's own pressure.

Excellent job I too am wondering if you have a build page. So how exactly are you using the nitrogen? Just to push out the wine out of the keg? Or does it double as a chilling agent considering that nitrogen is a extremely cold liquid. I deliver bulk nitrogen so I am not sure how it is bottled.

CO2 will give you sparkling wine. I like my reds without carbonation, also I hear Nitrogen is good for the Stouts, plan to make one soon. With this setup I have flexibility to use either gas in either compartment, at it's own pressure.

Ok, thanks for the reply.
That's what I kinda thought, I don't plan on charging the wine at higher pressures or using a charging stone, will just have the pressure low so it only pushes it out slowly, so hopefully will minimize the sparkling Baby Duck effect.LOL

I don't have a build page. Basically 2x8 and 1x8 glued together for most, with a 3D printed land for the top to seal against. I can take more pictures if there are any particular items of interest.
I purchased from Sams Club, but they don't have them any longer. I only see one place online showing them for sale.
http://salestores.com/hisensefd90d....Ptqq9OF7pEVXrfkMR0hoCj9oQAvD_BwE#.WZT60ih95aQ

I didn't do any special wiring, just using a temperature controller with the thermocouple in the cold side, and adjust the warmer side with the front control.

Looks great. I just picked up this freezer for a steal. What size kegs are you using on the smaller side? How much skill is need to hook the thermocouple up to the cold side?
Thanks

I use full size ball lock kegs. Four in the main section, two in the smaller section. My CO2 and Nitrogen tanks are in the main section. The 2x8 collar lets it all fit. I didn't do any special wiring, just using a temperature controller on the main plug with the thermocouple to set the cold side temperature, and adjust the small warmer section with the front control. Currently running 28 F in the cold main section and 43.5 F in the warmer section. Still working great.

I can’t believe how good it looks from I have now. Can’t wait to get parts in and start. One question, how do you reach the small side temp setting? Is the board angling out enough where you can push temp buttons?

Slowly, taps came in yesterday. Right now trying to decide what wood I am going to use over the collar. Is yours still working as expected?

Slowly, taps came in yesterday. Right now trying to decide what wood I am going to use over the collar. Is yours still working as expected?
Working great. I do worry that if/when it does have problems, I'll not be able to find a replacement. Looks like they don't make them anymore. I think it is perfect for the way I'm using it.

I can’t wait to get it up and running. I brewed a Pliny the Elder clone the other day in order to get me to finish the keezer quicker. I will post pics when it’s up and running.

Back