High temperature priming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foreigngreg

Reaction score
I was wandering, has anyone ever tried high temperature priming? That is:
- Add priming sugar and bottle as usual
- Let the bottles sit at a higher temperature than usual (e.g... 35°C)

I was thinking about this the other day as I would like to create a record fast brewing process from grain to drink.

Anyone tried this, have an opinion about it? Think it might be a good idea, or would it spoil the beer?

Cheers

Greg

Hmmmm... you might be on to something here. Elevated temps accelerate aging also, so you'd get rid of the "green" taste quicker.

No experience with that process though.

It'd be super easy to set aside a few bottles on the next batch and try it out.

I currently have my just-bottled Best Bitter conditioning in the spare room next to my Saison which is fermenting. There's a space heater in there to keep it up at 75F. I think that 35C would be a little extreme, since it's outside of almost any yeast's ideal operating range.

Hehe; here goes for my next experiment: High temp aging! I am going to brew an american wheat next week, which I think will be an Ideal subject for a kettle to the glass speed test. Ill update the thread when I have results.

Latest posts

Back