High Quality Regulators?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElCid79

Reaction score
I am having some irritating foaming issues for a while now. The only thing I can think, is that my regulator may be damaged. Which is to say, it is. My tank fell over one day when I was working on it, and smashed up one of the gauges up. No biggy. It still works okay. Just dealing with foam.

But I wouldn't mind putting in a new regulator, I am having difficulty finding what is considered a really good quality one. The one I have was the default one that came with my micromatic conversion kit.

Cheers.

Taprites are considered high quality for fair cost. I'm sure there are higher quality for higher cost too.

Question. Are you sure it is the reg? Are you getting pressure creep? leaking? Regulators are simple enough and in most that are screwy you can disassemble, replace the diaphragm if necessary and replace the damaged/broken gauge and it should be back to or better than it was before the mishap. The only way I can believe that the regulator would cause the issue would be if you are overcarbing due to pressure creep/blasting the beer out of the keg or it not building enough pressure and as a result not being balanced which could cause the foam.

Back