Hi, I'm Michael and I'm a homebrewer, oh crud

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelS

Reaction score
you mean this isn't the 12 step program? I guess I'm doomed but acceptance is the first step.

I used to homebrew, but when the kids were little I had other priorities all of a sudden. Now I have kids in and out of college, with the encouragement of my wife (she is probably sick of me having nothing to do and bugging her) I started brewing again this spring.

I tried a stout with the addition of some cherry smoked malt, really good. I have a batch in secondary with some peat smoked malt right now I also have a bitters in its second week of primary, an American Brown ale in the fermenter tonight, an IPA bottled Friday, and have finished the last bottle of my first attempt back in home brewing, a nice bitters. The trouble is, my wife and daughters (and associated boyfriends) keep drinking everything. I've got to go both to kegs and full grain brewing.

I'm hoping for some father's day toys.

(Oh, I'm from Vermont, a great state for some interesting craft brewing).

Welcome aboard Michael....I am a Michael as well. Seems like you have a good idea of the direction you are going to take. Kegging and going AG is a good move! Bottling is for the birds, and once you go AG, look into group buys or a source to buy sacks of grain. Ingredients are so reasonable at that point, labor is the biggest concern.

Mike Wilserbrewer

Hi Michael.........ooh yea...AA is for quitters .....JK:D I too used to home brew about 20 years ago. Just started up again. All the kids are of age and i have time. Started keging and soon all grain. Welcome.......

Welcome back Michael, its good to see another Green Mountain boy on here. You are right about the great craft brews here, there is always something new and different to try out. Happy Brewing:mug:

Speaking of Vermont craft brew, have you had Hill Farmstead beer?
OMG, it is unreal.

Good to see another Vermonter on the here. Welcome!

Hill Farmstead is awesome, and has really started making a name for itself outside of Vermont. Good luck finding the brewery though ;)

Welcome! I am glad your cherry smoked beer came out great! The last sample I had tasted like ham in a bottle but I still liked it ..............just made me think I needed to take a shower afterwards.

Back