Hi, I'm back!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jahvon09

Reaction score
Hi, Everyone!

I've returned to the forum!

I took about a two-month hiatus for a while. Been on vacation to Washington & Georgia, brought back my 2 grand nephews who live in Georgia.

They spent the first month of their summer vacation here with me, and they loved it so much that they want to come back next year!! But they were a handful while they were here, as kids usually are.

Haven't made any beer for a while. I DO plan to get back into it though. Have one kit left, but I'll be ordering some more soon.

But I'll be stopping back by here from time to time. Looks like I missed a lot since being away for 1/2 the spring & summer. :rockin:

Well, life gets in the way sometimes. That's understandable. Being a newbie author, I spend a lot more time now writing & rewriting. Talk about a learning curve...

Well, life gets in the way sometimes. That's understandable. Being a newbie author, I spend a lot more time now writing & rewriting. Talk about a learning curve...

Yeah, as I said, my 2 grand nephews are a handful.

Most of the time, they just wouldn't get along! They argued & bickered between themselves a lot! I had to separate them a lot. The younger brother is larger than the older one, and this boy, when he's pushed too far, he will start balling up his fists and is ready to fight!

The older brother who is 12, has a bone deficiency, and if his younger brother gets mad and wants to fight him, I have to step in between them. This boy, even though he's only 10 years old, is very big for his age, chubby and he has incredible strength like you wouldn't believe!!
When he wants to grab something from me, even in play, his strength comes out and over powers my strength to hold him back!! I'm at times deathly afraid of what he might do to me or his brother!! He's a very nice person, but when he gets mad, he wants to really hurt someone!!!!

It's complicated at times. I love them both, but they need to put aside their differences and just be brothers, not enemies! I'm so afraid that one day, this boy is going to become a bully, get ragingly mad enough to beat someone up, man or child, to a pulp and put them in the hospital!!! He has anger issues, and his older brother taunts and harasses him at times, to the point where this boy will start yelling and screaming at him. This boy is not afraid of anyone, not even me, when he gets mad!! And he STAYS mad for a long time!!!! He has even got mad at me an challenged ME to a fight!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sounds just like me with my older brother! All you can do is try to make them realize what'll happen as they grow up the way they're going now. You have to try & make them fins a middle ground between each other that isn't no man's land! It'll be a job for sure, but worth it. I could tell them stories about that hospital stuff too. i was always big for my age, like Baby Huey in the cartoon. Just a lot smarter than him or my big brother.

Sounds just like me with my older brother! All you can do is try to make them realize what'll happen as they grow up the way they're going now. You have to try & make them fins a middle ground between each other that isn't no man's land! It'll be a job for sure, but worth it. I could tell them stories about that hospital stuff too. i was always big for my age, like Baby Huey in the cartoon. Just a lot smarter than him or my big brother.

That is just how THIS boy is!! He IS a very nice person otherwise, and he's very kind, courteous and friendly. But like Baby Huey or The Incredible Hulk, he gets ragingly mad and wants to fight when his buttons are pushed to the breaking point!! He's also very brutally straightforward & outspoken!! He'll tell you if something is not right, right off the bat, the minute that he finds out!! He does not care if he's hurting your feelings or making you feel ashamed!

He did not act this way last summer when a friend and myself when to Georgia to visit him and his family. I saw a side of him that really scares the living daylights out of me!!! It's really scary, because if he is taunted and bullied by anyone, even by an adult, they'll have pure hell to pay, because he'll get ragingly mad enough to put someone in the hospital!!!! He's already done it to his brother twice!!!!

His brother who also has ADD, is very intelligent - they both are. They just can't get along most of the time!! I cried at night, thinking that I might have made a mistake in letting them come up!! But next year, I'll be ready for them when they come up!! I'm going to put restrictions on them that'll have them both walking on eggshells all the time. There will be no more fighting, and they will get along like they are supposed to, or things will be taken away from them, and they'll be in quiet time quite often! I would never hit them, never have, but they need to know that they are not going to what they did THIS summer and expect to do the same thing NEXT summer as far as them not getting along is concerned!!

He's also aggravated and antagonized his older brother at times, so he's no angel in this either!! They both like to knit pick & hen peck at each other back & forth. But next summer, they are going to get along even if I have to restrict them from doing things the whole time that they are here!! :mad:

I started seeing the same thing starting to happen with my boys ( we have 5!) & it took me till they grew up to get them to get along. But they do now, so there is hope for your situation. You'll learn as you go along what works & what doesn't. It's a very individual thing from one kid to another.

These two boys absolutely LOVE their toys, their tablets and other things that they deem so dear & close to their hearts. They truly have fun with them! Also, they love to go to the park, theme parks, movies and the museums. So I thought;

How do I discipline these two bickering boys without ever hitting or spanking them, which I don't & won't do? Hmm! Why not just take away all their toys, separate them and put them in quiet time (cooling off period)? It works!! Hurt them without ever laying a hand on them. Remove their toys and they'll feel like they have "nothing else to live for"!! They get mad at me, but they'll get over it!

So when they fight, argue, bicker and get out of line, their toys get taken away & they will be separated and no TV to watch. Next year, I'll get even tougher with them. They are going to learn to get along with each other, and they'll pick up behind themselves. I'll warn them first once or twice. They'll comply with what is asked of them. Or some disciplinary action with be dealt out very swiftly!! :mad:

Discipline without the switch is not discipline & they know it. Trust me. Sometimes an ass whoopin' is the only solution. No toys or TV? Let's sneak dad's rifles & kill the whole family...then the school.! so be careful...

Discipline without the switch is not discipline & they know it. Trust me. Sometimes an ass whoopin' is the only solution. No toys or TV? Let's sneak dad's rifles & kill the whole family...then the school.! so be careful...

Sorry, but I just don't believe in that type of disciplining.

We were always beaten with a belt or switch when we did something wrong as kids, and it was so brutal and old!! Beating a child does not get you anywhere.

Our mom used to embarrass the crap out of us by coming out to look for us with the belt in hand to beat us mercilessly in fron't of our friends!! That type of disciplining has been outlawed!

Their mom disciplines them that way though, but NOT out in public. And I'm so glad that I'm not there to hear it!!! I'd be so heartbroken to hear them get spanked, especially the younger brother whom I spoil the most, mainly because he reminds us of his dear late grandfather (one of my brothers)!!

We were playing around one day, throwing play punches, but on one of them, he wacked me so bloody hard in my left shoulder that the pain from his punch was so excrutiatingly painful!!! He apoligized for it, but I said let's not do that any more! I know that he did not mean to hit me that hard though, so I didn't get mad at him. He has the strength of ten people sometimes because he has incredible strength in his arms and legs like you wouldn't believe!!

My most worst fear is that he might get mad enough & beat someone to a pulp one day!!! He gets mad very quickly, stays that way for a very long time, when when he does, boy, LOOK OUT!!! He'll start balling his fists at you! You got well over 127lbs of mean mad fury coming at you, ready to inflict serious & intense pain on you!!! :eek::eek::eek:

The reason we called my younger brother Bobcat! We just got that apache/Germen/slovak temper tossed in with some Scotch & Irish to really mess things up. Just keep trying...

And this is what's wrong with kids today. My parents used to whoop my ass when I deserved it and I turned out just fine.

And this is what's wrong with kids today. My parents used to whoop my ass when I deserved it and I turned out just fine.

These kids aren't really bad.

They just spend too much bloody time arguing & bickering at each other, and over even the smallest things!! It was getting old fast!!

Whether they're playing a card game, at the park, using the computer or using their toys. From the time on the way up here, during their stay here and out in public. Other than little things that they might do, THIS was the main problem that I had with them.

I intend to squash this crap when they return next year, by implementing a list of rules that they will be obligated to read, sign & follow, so that they know well beforehand what I expect of them, and what the consequences that they face will be if any of the rules are not followed. It is the only way that I can put a handle on them, outside of spanking them, which I STILL won't do. ;)

Back