Hi from Edmonton Alberta Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiteMeElmo

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Long time lurker, relatively new member. I guess I'd describe myself as a pretty new brewer. I brewed one 3-gallon batch about 25 years ago, and really enjoyed it. Then, this past Christmas, my wife got me Palmer's and Papazian's books. I took that as a sign that she was on board with me giving it another go (or maybe it was just that she was tired of my constant hints for months prior to that, and she was just shutting me up).

A few weeks back I brewed a relatively simple session IPA as my first modern brew. I just tasted the first one earlier this evening and I'm in love! Last weekend I brewed a batch of apple cider as a Valentine's gift to my wife, and we're both eagerly waiting for that to be ready too. I've already started on the early stages of planning a keezer (because I didn't need to wait 25 years to remember that bottling is a pain), as well as thinking of ways to use the remaining cold weather to possibly do some lagering in my unheated garage.

I love how welcoming and helpful the homebrewing community is. With all the poison to be found around the internet, it's refreshingly welcome.

I found this site as a result of browsing reddit, so say hi to me there too if you see me around (same user name). I'm also considering checking out a meeting of the Edmonton Homebrewers Guild, because that sounds cool too.

So, hello again, it's awesome to be here!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll be sure to pester you all with noob questions. ;)

Welcome! Always good to have the support of the spouse for this hobby. Cheers:mug:

Low pressure has been the way to go. She's excited about the batch of cider fermenting right now, and even though she's not really an IPA drinker, she tried mine last night and said, "This is pretty good!".

Now I'm promising to brew her a lager. If I can pull that off, I think I have her hooked. THEN I can start dropping hints about the keezer. ;)

Back