Hi from Cleveland!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownsfan62

Reaction score
Single gal here from Cleveland's West Side, where beer is a way of life. I have been extract brewing for a looong time, but have now decided it's time to move on to all grain. The malt and the new brewpot are arriving tomorrow, so I'll be likely taking the leap sometime on Tuesday after work (damn those "going out with friends" Monday nights!). Home Depot, Lowes, and Target have provided my new mash tun...piece by piece. I'm getting pretty excited...nervous, but excited.

I may need help. Glad you guys are here!! :mug:

Lee Ann

I'm not too far away over in Sheffield Village. You can get a lot of brewing supplies over at JW Dover on Detroit in Westlake. By the way, a home brewer over in Elyria went pro & sells his Franklin Brewery beers at Minotti's Beverage over in Bay Village.

$11.99 for a 6 pack. It's not even that great this year. Wimpy spices.

Agreed. I had one at a friend's house on Friday, and was not impressed. Seemed almost oily to me. I am by no means a beer judge, but something definitely was off in the recipe...

Sent from my iPod touch using Home Brew

http://clevelandbrewshop.com just moved to the SoLo district. While JW Dover is a nice place CBS has a much bigger selection of grains and supplies, for a little cheaper.

http://platformbeerco.com Is right across the street. Stop in grab a craft beer,
Support a local food truck, then go grab your grains and equipment. What could be better?

Cleveland is a great place to be a beer need right now.

Go Browns

I mentioned JW Dover because it's a lot closer than Cleveland Brew Shop to where we live. CBS is a better store, just a lot farther away in a busier traffic area.

Welcome aboard, from Ashland, OH. Don't be afraid of that all-grain. It'll probably kick your butt a couple times, but you'll get it eventually. Let us know if we can help.

Cleveland / Mentor area here.

I saw people talking about Christmas Ale up here and i'll throw in a little local place that brews his own beer called Little Mountain Brewing Co.

great place and their "Santa's Sleigh" is awesome.

Little Mountain Brewing Co.
www.littlemountainbrewing.com
7621 Mentor Avenue, Mentor, OH 44060

Cleveland / Mentor area here.

I saw people talking about Christmas Ale up here and i'll throw in a little local place that brews his own beer called Little Mountain Brewing Co.

great place and their "Santa's Sleigh" is awesome.

Little Mountain Brewing Co.
www.littlemountainbrewing.com
7621 Mentor Avenue, Mentor, OH 44060
How far is that from downtown cle? I live right on Euclid. Heard a couple people talk about this place but never been there!

Welcome aboard!

I grew up in Lake County (Painesville). I'm always glad to make it back home, it is such a great state.

John Christ in my end of Westlake on Detroit Rd is very good for wines. wine bar upstairs too!

I thought that place was in Avon? or am I thinking of the same place? anyways, it's really nice there. You can bring your own food in from what I remember :tank: and they have a bunch of games to play while you are there as well.

I thought that place was in Avon? or am I thinking of the same place? anyways, it's really nice there. You can bring your own food in from what I remember :tank: and they have a bunch of games to play while you are there as well.

I think it's just barely Westlake at that point. Gravel parking lot where they sell fresh corn & stuff in summer as well. But it is real close to Avon/Avon Lake.

Back