Hi from CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kb6m

Reaction score
Hi all,
My name is Greg and I'm from Sonoma County, Ca. My brother thought I would enjoy homebrewing, so he gave me a gift certificate to a local store. I will, eventually, brew up some beer. But, I am leaning more toward cider making. We have some pretty good microbreweries locally, but only 1 place makes cider.

My user name is my ham radio callsign. I usually hang out on 20 meters and would love to talk beer.

Greg

Hi bill,
I live in Santa Rosa, up behind Sutter Medical Center. Once I have some decent brew, I would love to swap a bottle or two, and get some pointers from you. I started my first batch of cider tonight. It'll either work out , or I'll have a LOT of apple cider vinegar to give away.

Greg

Ha.. I'd be happy to do a swap.. but, I'm still a beginner. BTW, are you familiar with the Sonoma Beerocrats. Great group. Heck, they have the winningest record of homebrewing wins that's been unmatched. Great contest coming up.. Lots of good people. Check it out with Gabe or Bob at Beverage People.

Welcome Sir to the area, FYI if you are up for it on June 9th the Napa bungbrewers are having their 2nd annual home brewing comp. We are taking submissions now til i think the 19th. Submit or just come for the fun at Napa Smith brewery. Again welcome to the area.

Wow.. thanks.. I'd love to come. I'm a member of the Sonoma Beerocrats.

Where is the event...? Napa Smith Brewery? Time, etc?

I'll try to google the brewery. Heck, I didn't even know there was a brewery over yonder... grin

I am also here in Santa Rosa. The Sonoma Beerocrats next meeting is thurs. June 7th at the beverage people @ 1845 piner rd. hope to see ya all there!

-Eldon

Yah, What Eldon said.. Here is a rundown on the evening.. hope some of you can make it. It would be a great time to meet some of you.. Mike is a great brewer who has, as I remember, taken master classes at UCDavis. He brews great beer and loves to delve into the science of brewing.

For this meeting we will be in the new Beverage People classroom at 1845 Piner Road in Santa Rosa. Our VP Mike Kelly has volunteered to lead a tech talk on wort chilling, Kevin Teel will guide us through a style talk and tasting on Saison, and we would like to begin a proposed program to provide feedback on member beers during meetings. To have your beer evaluated during the meeting, please reply back here or let a board member know that you are interested. We will need a few bottles to share with the group.

The club will provide pizza for paid members, $5 for non-members.

Hi all,
My name is Greg and I'm from Sonoma County, Ca. My brother thought I would enjoy homebrewing, so he gave me a gift certificate to a local store. I will, eventually, brew up some beer. But, I am leaning more toward cider making. We have some pretty good microbreweries locally, but only 1 place makes cider.

My user name is my ham radio callsign. I usually hang out on 20 meters and would love to talk beer.

Greg

Hi welcome on this forum.I am also a new be here!!! Nice to meet you. My name is Albert.I am 21 years old.

I thought you Napa/Sonoma county guys only did wine? Depends on who you talk to about whether or not I live in Napa. My wife says I do, my log book says I do. I try to keep up the facade that I live in Tennessee. I spend a lot of time picking up wine in American Canyon, Napa and Santa Rosa.

Oh, and N1VYV here.

I thought you Napa/Sonoma county guys only did wine? Depends on who you talk to about whether or not I live in Napa. My wife says I do, my log book says I do. I try to keep up the facade that I live in Tennessee. I spend a lot of time picking up wine in American Canyon, Napa and Santa Rosa.

Oh, and N1VYV here.

Geez, ya GOTTA come up here to Healdsburg.. we have the GREAT wines here.. Wow, this has always been a friendly rivalry.. the two great wine regions.

I'm a truck driver by trade, I've been to Healdsburg a couple times. Pretty country up there. If I went crazy and actually wanted to live in CA, I'd live somewhere between Healdsburgs and Redwood Valley. Of course, I'm not crazy, so I'll stick around in Tennessee.

Back