Hi from Brampton, Ontario

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

County_Brewer

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just started into brewing in September with a 5 gal extract kit I picked up at our local homebrew store.

Did an IPA for my first batch and think it turned out pretty good. My test subject was my father-in-law who is German and enjoys his beer. His comment was 'that tastes like a beer should'. Figure that's a great start.

Bottled a batch of cream ale 3 weeks ago and that has received favourable reviews from both my wife and friends.

Currently have a Belgian IPA, Blueberry Honey Ale and a Watermelon Wheat Ale fermenting.

Next are a holiday Ale and a Chocolate Milk Stout all to be ready for Christmas. Guess what family and friends are getting this year?

System upgrades are being decided on now. I really like the idea of using an induction burner(5000w) in a 3 tier setup and doing 10 or more gal batches in the garage. The garage is fully insulated and just needs an extraction fan installed, duct work is in place already.

Looking forward to learning from you all and making the best I possibly can.:mug:

Personally I would recommend going electric. It's a bit slower but if your garage is insulated then you'll stay nice and toasty during the cold winter.

I would recommend taking a look at either Spike, SS Brewtech or Blichmann to piece everything together (or get one of their full systems). I like them all. Edge to Spike in value for system (you would have to get it sent somewhere in the US and bring it over the border yourself though).

Hey everyone, just started into brewing in September with a 5 gal extract kit I picked up at our local homebrew store.

Did an IPA for my first batch and think it turned out pretty good. My test subject was my father-in-law who is German and enjoys his beer. His comment was 'that tastes like a beer should'. Figure that's a great start.

Bottled a batch of cream ale 3 weeks ago and that has received favourable reviews from both my wife and friends.

Currently have a Belgian IPA, Blueberry Honey Ale and a Watermelon Wheat Ale fermenting.

Next are a holiday Ale and a Chocolate Milk Stout all to be ready for Christmas. Guess what family and friends are getting this year?

System upgrades are being decided on now. I really like the idea of using an induction burner(5000w) in a 3 tier setup and doing 10 or more gal batches in the garage. The garage is fully insulated and just needs an extraction fan installed, duct work is in place already.

Looking forward to learning from you all and making the best I possibly can.:mug:

Welcome from Toronto! There's a great homebrew club for the GTA called GTA Brews, we meet once a month in Toronto and the Facebook group is a great place for asking questions. Check out the website if you might be interested!

Welcome from Toronto! There's a great homebrew club for the GTA called GTA Brews, we meet once a month in Toronto and the Facebook group is a great place for asking questions. Check out the website if you might be interested!

Much appreciated.

Just put in my request to join the Facebook group.

Latest posts

Back