Hi All!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apk

Reaction score
I just wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself. After much foot-dragging, I've finally entered the world of home brewing. I can't believe it took me this long to take the plunge...

At any rate, I have my first beer in the fermenter. It's a simple English-style brown ale. I figured I'd start with a kit for my first go-round. It's the Big River Brown Ale kit from Midwest Homebrew. The information on this forum has certainly helped me to relax and not worry. I'll do my best not to ask TOO many stupid questions (and yes, I promise to use the search before asking :p).

Thanks, and happy brewing.

--adam

Yes welcome and enjoy the new hobby. I started earlier this year and a brown ale was my first recipe too. I agree with the kit idea for the first one (even though some wont), I just thought it was nice to open a box and have all the ingredients in there ready to go. Four batches later, I actually went to the lhbs and picked up ingredients based off a recipe. It turns out I got the wrong kind of extract, but you know what I brewed it up anyway and it tasted amazing going into the fermenter, so I am way excited to bottle this batch in another 1.5 weeks. Anyway to repeat what mlyday said... You will be surprised at hoe good your beer is, enjoy!

You'll probably be posting some helpful advice to other starting brewers shortly. You learn so much in the first few months.

Thanks, everyone!

I'm planning to bottle after I return from vacation in 2 weeks. I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out.

Thanks again for the encouragement and advice. You have a great community here.

Back