Hey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ijones

Reaction score
Hello,

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Ian I live in Yakima, WA. I have been looking around in these forums for a while and decided it was time to join. I just got done updating my brew stand and will be brewing three batches of beer this weekend. Two are from Brewing Classic Styles a Chocolate Hazelnut Porter and a Irish Red. The other will be a Fresh Hop Ale I will be brewing for a local competition. I posted the recipe for it in the recipe section hoping to get some feedback from the people here on what they think. See you all around!

Ian :mug:

Are you waiting til bottling to add the Hazelnut to that porter? It's pretty fun doing some trial additions and tasting. There's an odd smoothing effect that it has over the chocolate, long before you add enough that the hazelnut flavor is noticeable.

:mug:

Recipe calls for 5 oz of hazelnut extract at kegging. But cautions to start with less and add to taste.

Back