Hey y'all! Michigan boy living in South Carolina...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about leaving Michigan. I left in 2002, when the paper industry took a nose dive. Engineering work was hard to come by in the UP after that
Most of my time was below the bridge, but I did work in da Yoop as an ROTC instructor at Fishigan Tech for a bit. Copper Country was beautiful and I miss it.

Me too! Salmon and trout out of Lake Michigan mainly, but lots of Superior time and smaller lakes between.

Gun lake is a great fishing lake in the center there. Rented a house and pontoon boat there once and killed it. Lots of gills and perch, but plenty of keeper bass too. A 15" largemouth right off the dock behind the rental.

Most of my time was below the bridge, but I did work in da Yoop as an ROTC instructor at Fishigan Tech for a bit. Copper Country was beautiful and I miss it.
I get back when I can. Thus summer my two brothers and I did a road trip of the western end of the UP. Marquette, Copper Harbor, White Pine, then over to the tip of Wisconsin and to Duluth, and every little place between. Lots of windshield time but loads of fun!

Yeeeee-eew, this Summer was HOT!!! Down in the Holy City it was hotter than...heck.
I guess it’s what you get used to; I grew up without AC, and still don’t use it. I hate being cooped up in a box with processed air; spend most of my time outside. Even inside, I prefer to sit by an open window. (Never know when you might have to hop out and make a run for it!😁)

Back