Hey guys, I need some help setting a new world record

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, I've actually met Kirby and Rod. Rod Sachronoski has an has an organization called juko kai, aptly mocked joke-o kai. I ranked Ni-dan in the now defunct Aiki-jutsu, sho-dan in their now defunct jujitsu, and a couple other kyu rankings in other arts that were under his umbrella. It's kind of a double edged sword because on one hand all of his lineage and qualifications are crap, but a lot of the stuff is very affective. He would charge insane yearly fees to be part of the org and then belt ranking fees were very insane. Once you got to the dan rankings it was outrageous, wait I pay to come here and teach for your org AND have to pay out the nose for my ranks? Any how, had he just sold the arts for what they were I wouldn't have been so upset.

The Combat Ki thing was a sore spot for me (no I didn't suck at it :D ). He would try to sell it as this mystical BS. It's pretty bad when the die hard Aiki guys are looking at you like you're nuts. Bottom line is it is more physiological than mental or the crap he would have you believe.

The groin kicks are a little misleading. What you cant see is that Kirby has his hips shifted forward. So instead of the tender bits getting smashed into your pelvis like the animation leads you to believe, they get popped up and away. Then the area around the upper thighs and glutes soak up a bunch of the force with the rest landing square on the Gooch. it doesn't feel pleasant by any means but it isn't crippling either. The funny thing is that it doesn't work for any other type of attack to the jimmy. Had Kirby taken the tennis ball like the other guy he would probably crumple.

They would have you do all kinds of crazy $hit. Kicks to the floating ribs, punch to the throat and simultaneous four man punch to the neck N,S,E,&W. The training was crazy too, they would wrap your belt around your neck and drag you around on the floor by it. 10 years in the program I was bound to try it eventually.

The politics of that org got so stupid and revenue oriented I had enough. Since then the old school I trained at defected. They were always great people. But alas, life happens and I am too busy to go back :(.

Back