Hex nut

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbrewing

Reaction score
Pretty new to kegging. Purchased a ball lock keg. Also have a Sankey D for domestics. Have a kegerator that had a single draft line with a hex nut to connect to my Sankey. What do I use to quickly change the setup to allow for my ball lock barb instead of the hex nut set up? Appreciate the help.

Pretty new to kegging. Purchased a ball lock keg. Also have a Sankey D for domestics. Have a kegerator that had a single draft line with a hex nut to connect to my Sankey. What do I use to quickly change the setup to allow for my ball lock barb instead of the hex nut set up? Appreciate the help.

I used this, and put ball lock posts on my sankey tap.

Ball Lock to Sankey Tap Conversion Kit-1 Ball Lock to Sankey Tap Conversion Kit-1 [SankeyTap-BL Conversion Kit-1] - $37.50 : The CHI Company, New and used beverage equipment for Homebrewing, Home winemaking, Soda systems and used Pepsi vending equipm

I'm a little confused on why you would modify your sankey tap? Please explain? I' m using a ball lock corney keg.

To make it easier to put in a sanke keg. All you would do is clip on your ball lock disconnects to the tap like you do a corny. I am just changing out the tail pieces to mine so I just have to unthread the ball locks from my lines and thread onto the sanke tap. It's a little cheaper.

kbrewing said:
Sorry having trouble picturing your workaround. Can text me a picture or email? 808-778-8474 or [email protected] . Life saver!

http://www.homebrewing.org/Kegerator-Homebrew-Conversion-Kit_p_720.html

Here is a link to what I'm talking about. Check out the pictures. Basically you have 2 disconnects with 1/4" mfl threads instead of just the flared nipple. Included are nipples that are threaded that you attach to your lines. To hook up the sanke or corny you thread your lines onto the tap. The kit includes the replacement tail pieces for the tap. I will be doing this eventually definately worth it to make the switch pain free and relatively inexpensive.

I finally get it. Awesome. Last question. Do you cut off the hexnut assembly from the line coming down through the tower and set up the barb assembly with hexnut?

Back