Heroes (tv show)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose I'll really throw a wrench in it by saying that Dr.Who was the best part of Heroes? (ok said for effec,t Christopher Eggelston's part is really small in 1st season of heroes).

I have to second the idea that the writers didn't quite know where they were going after seaons 2. (the year of the writers strike). I wonder if the same writers were doing it, because the plot went sideways to itself.

AS for BSG, I watched it on cool special effects and residual 'this was a cool show when I was a kid'... yeah know kids have a terrible sense of taste (Original BSG doesn't do so well). I think the BSG writers knew the end (getting to earth) and then had to fill a 1/2 hour plot of getting to earth into a tight 5 season show... and again writers.

AS for BSG, I watched it on cool special effects and residual 'this was a cool show when I was a kid'... yeah know kids have a terrible sense of taste (Original BSG doesn't do so well). I think the BSG writers knew the end (getting to earth) and then had to fill a 1/2 hour plot of getting to earth into a tight 5 season show... and again writers.

I submit that you can not find one episode of the new BSG that wasn't at least REALLY good. Some episodes were better than others, but as has been said here, even the slowish episodes which everyone seems to feel were the weak point of the series, are fiercely defended as still being a good watch.

Well, I find her very attractive.

She has a boyfriend who is approximately twice her size, maybe 3 times her weight. She looks like a midget standing next to him.

But like I said, even her hotness was not enough to make we want to watch the show after season 2.5.

Well, I find her very attractive.

She has a boyfriend who is approximately twice her size, maybe 3 times her weight. She looks like a midget standing next to him.

But like I said, even her hotness was not enough to make we want to watch the show after season 2.5.

never said she was hideous

I have to second the idea that the writers didn't quite know where they were going after seaons 2. (the year of the writers strike). I wonder if the same writers were doing it, because the plot went sideways to itself.

Ahh, I forgot about the writers strike. I think you're right... that was a big reason the quality suddenly took a nose dive.

As for cheerleader, she's cute, but she doesn't seem all that intelligent.

Ahh, I forgot about the writers strike. I think you're right... that was a big reason the quality suddenly took a nose dive.

As for cheerleader, she's cute, but she doesn't seem all that intelligent.

OK. so now she looks dumb?

Sorry I mentioned it, lol.

Her 9'3" boyfriend is gonna reach through the internet and beat us senseless.

I liked the show at first. But then EVERYTHING just started mirroring everything X-men had already covered....

secret government agencies to keep the "muties" in check, fighting for "mutant equality", Mutant madmen bent on creating a world just for "homosuperiors", time travel to prevent a future war, mutant brotherhoods....and the good guys caught in the middle of it all trying to save everyone.

I liked the show at first. But then EVERYTHING just started mirroring everything X-men had already covered....

secret government agencies to keep the "muties" in check, fighting for "mutant equality", Mutant madmen bent on creating a world just for "homosuperiors", time travel to prevent a future war, mutant brotherhoods....and the good guys caught in the middle of it all trying to save everyone.

Interesting. Not being a comic book reader, I didn't know any of that. Maybe I should start!

This is a crappy complaint IMO. New material is always welcome, but X-Men has been around for fifty years. OF COURSE there are going to be repeated story elements.

I have seen X men movies (which I know can make die hard fans cringe, BUT) they were far from the same.

Still, I dropped the show. Fortunately Regular show and Adventure time are on netflix now, that took out some of the sting.

Back