HERMS coil o- rings (Spike System)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob2010SS

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I pulled apart my HLT on the spike system for a complete clean. When I reassembled and I pushed the ends of the HERMS coil into the fittings on the HLT, I destroyed one of the o rings inside the fittings. Pics below.

Spike doesn't list this o ring separately on their site. I am going to request this same info from them but figured I'd start here.

1. Anyone know what size o ring this is? I know what the measurement pic shows but not sure if something like this would be metric or standard.
2. Is this something that I could get a replacement at a hardware store instead of ordering through spike? I have a brew scheduled this weekend and I'd like to be able to complete that.
3. Can you use keg o ring lubricant on these to keep from destroying them?

Thanks for the help

20201022_220221.jpg

20201022_220208.jpg

20201022_220743.jpg

20201022_221138.jpg

Damn, I looked for them! I didn't see them on the site. I searched for them and couldn't find them. Thanks for sharing.

Spike did end up getting back to me with a size. 5/8" OD x 1/2"ID x 1/16" thick. They sent me some of them as well. I'm pushing the brew day back a week for other reasons so I'll have these replacement rings in time.

Latest posts

Back