• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Herms brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy_K

Reaction score
Guys,
My wife would like me to start brewing away from the kitchen and I'm taking the opportunity to upgrade my system. I'm looking for a good HERMS setup, not exactly sure what I want yet but if anyone is interested in upgrading or selling theirs let me know. I'd rather not spend weeks or months building it myself, I don't have the tools or the time.

For the right system I'm willing to spend up to $3k

Thanks
Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I don't have anything for sale, but, check out High Gravity Homebrewing . You may be able to build a brand new HERMS system for under $3k.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it - meanwhile I'll add that I live in central illinois

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm in transition myself. About to switch from propane to electric. Might consider parting with my Brutus. Finishing up a Pumpkin Ale now. Probably will keep kettles but everything else is-maybe negotiable. I'm in Texas but distance can be overcome....

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411862556.374227.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Guys,
My wife would like me to start brewing away from the kitchen and I'm taking the opportunity to upgrade my system. I'm looking for a good HERMS setup, not exactly sure what I want yet but if anyone is interested in upgrading or selling theirs let me know. I'd rather not spend weeks or months building it myself, I don't have the tools or the time.

For the right system I'm willing to spend up to $3k

Thanks
Andy

Andy,

Kevin Hilgert, who is on HBT, has an electric HERMS rig he wants to sell and lives in western Michigan. I emailed him to get a hold of you,

Good luck,
Todd

I've been thinking about selling mine and building a new one, because I like to tinker. It's a 50a e herms. 50ft. Stainless herms coil. 3 stainless chugger pumps. 16 gallon kettles. 2" tri-clover elements. Convoluted counterflow chiller. All cam lock connections.

1412659543161.jpg

Back